The South Australian Home Battery Scheme subsidies have been fully allocated and the Scheme is now closed to new subsidy applications. The Scheme continues to provide support for households with conditionally approved subsidies to deliver installed home battery systems.
Is a solar battery storage system right for me?
Adding a battery storage system could help you get the most out of your existing solar panel system. As a Qualified System Provider for the SA Government’s Home Battery Scheme, Glow will help you assess the following:
- How much energy you use each day, when you use energy the most, and what appliances you want to run from your solar battery.
- The cost of the solar battery system (including installation and maintenance costs) you are looking to purchase, and how long will it take to recoup those costs from your expected energy savings.
- How much excess solar energy you have available to store in your solar battery (if you already have a solar panel system)
- Which solar battery systems provide blackout power and what they can typically power during a blackout.
- How adding a solar battery may affect any feed-in tariff you currently receive.